Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Quiltette Challenge




Finally finished working on the challenge for the Miami Valley Art Quilt Network Winter Quiltette Challenge. I'm giving it away today, so had to delay the posting so no one knows what it looks like. I had fun with this little quilt.

It is 6.75" x 8.75" and is made from fabrics in my stash (mostly Ginny Beyer fabrics.) I have also added raw edge applique using a new technique that I am loving. More about that later. I've also embellished it with beads. It has a little southwest flavor to me, but I think that is because of the fabric I chose for the vase. I also use my new couching foot that I just got for my new Bernina 820. (Wonder when a machine quits being new?) This is quilted with Rayon and Cotton thread on my machine also. I decided to bind it with a couched yarn, since this quilt has an irregular shape. I hope you like it.

No comments: